Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Phosphorus - Homoeopathic constitutional remedy for Mental, Emotional, Behavioral problems & Personality Development

In this article I discuss mind & emotion related symptoms of the homoeopathic drug –Phosphorus:

Phos patient is very sympathetic, open hearted who enjoys company & communication. Most adjusting & social person. Graceful woman.

Jan Scholten, while describing the personality of a Phosphorus patient in his book ‘Elements of Homoeopathy’, writes: ‘You could imagine the original situation of Phosphorus being that of a person who suddenly finds himself in a completely unknown society, for instance a survivor of a ship wreck who lands in a strange country. He then has two options: either he withdraws and try to fend for himself or he tries to be adopted within this new culture. In order to do the latter he has to make contact with these new people as soon as possible. He has to find out how they think & feel and act the same way. So it is a matter of learning a new language, learning new customs, learning how to work with new tools etc. He has to be continuously open to new information, but also to the way these people feel, so that he can understand them and take over their norms & values. He also has to make friends in order to feel secure within this new society’.

Fond of making new friends & traveling. Gullible. Ecstasy. Bubbly, extroverted, out going, loves company. Open, trusting nature. Sparkles with intelligence, creativity, enthusiasm. Bright, excitable, suggestible and anxious patients.

Phosphorus patient is a person who believes in relationship, in preserving relationship & he enjoys communication! They are sympathetic (it is as if they suffer with others) & responsive to sympathy. They are able to feel feelings of other people. Craves company and touch, and rubbing and help. But the feelings they have absorbed, usually don’t stay for very long.

They love talking & exchanging ideas. They are open hearted. They are curious & sensitive by nature. Thus very good general knowledge.

Easily excited by emotional impressions.

Phosphorus shakes hands while entering and leaving. While leaving he often clasps both his hands between yours - conveying his warmth & regard for you and encouraging a feeling of trust.

Phosphorus patient is very cooperative and responsive. Will watch everything you do for him. If a patient on seeing him again says, "Doctor I forgot to tell you so and so." Think of Phosphorus. Because he is communicative and wants to help you in curing him by furnishing full information. He is very helpful in that. Children are watchful. They are on the look out for every gesture.

Case: After explaining in detail all her problems, she said - 'Now I have done the best I could to tell you how I am. I am so prostrated I can hardly move; so tired all the time and in such pain. I so long to get well, so I can go to my husband who is over a hundred miles away from me’. Phos cured her.

Phos mind is overactive. Quick & lively perceptions. Clairvoyant state may be seen. Phosphorous patients are often quite active during fevers.

Phos is adapted to fair complexioned, tall, slender, delicate looking young people, of sanguine temperament, who grow too rapidly, who are anaemic, narrow chested & inclined to stoop. Theirs is feeble constitution – as if they are born sick. They hypersensitive to light, noise, odors, music & touch. They feel cold much.

Desire for company. If a child is sick, he will ensure that someone remains with him.

Hate to be alone. Apprehensiveness when alone.

Fear of impending disease; fear something will happen. They are easily frightened when they hear or read about some disease, but they can be reassured easily.

Patient is hungry, especially at night, wakes up hungry & longs for cold things. Likes juicy, refreshing, cold items.

Give Phos when palpitations are marked in a cardiac case.
Anxiety is felt in the region of heart. Excitable, easily angered & vehement, from which he afterwards suffers.

At the advance stage of the problem excitement gives place to lethargy, to a feeling of indifference, to forgetfulness and so on. 'I have a hell of sufferings... but I don't know how to tell them.'

So, it may also happen to a Phos patient: Indifference, apathy to her own children/to his family/to relations and surrounding, unwilling to talk, thinks slowly, moves sluggishly. Great lowness of spirits. Melancholy, disinclined to work, study, converse. Weary of life.

Answers no questions or replies wrongly.

Fear of -darkness -death -when alone -ghosts -thunderstorms -something bad will happen. Fearfulness, as if something were creeping out of every corner. Anguish and uneasiness especially when alone or in stormy weather.

Oversensitive to external impressions. Oversensitive to light/odors of flowers/pain. Quickly prostrated to external impressions.

Easily vexed. Insanity with an exaggerated idea of ones own importance. Loss of memory. Brain feels tired. Slight causes lead to nervous trembling, exhaustion of mind/body.

Inclination to sit. Slowness in motion.

Anxious, restlessness, moves continually. Patient cannot sit or stand still for a moment, especially in dark or twilight.

Any lively impression is followed by heat, as if immersed in hot water.

Timid and irresolute. Sheds tears, or with attacks of involuntary laughter. Weeps before menses. Destroys everything, spits at nurse, kisses those who come near her.

Amativeness and shamelessness. Ailments from being alone/fright or fear/sexual excesses. Sexual thoughts intrude and crowd upon each other. Amorous disposition. Shameless.

Graceful motion / women.
Burning fire.
Great loquacity and vehemence.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's impressive that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our dialogue made here.

My web blog - move next

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe
guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site covers
a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

My web page :: click here

Anonymous said...

Very nice article, just what I needed.

Also visit my page; view more

Anonymous said...

I really like what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the amazing works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

Have a look at my webpage view next

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to uncover this web site. I
wanted to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!

! I definitely liked every little bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to check
out new information in your web site.

Also visit my web-site move next

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this blog on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date news.

Also visit my blog - click

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i
came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to enhance my site!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!


my page; view more about

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled
upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your
blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.



My web page - move next

Anonymous said...

Your mode of describing all in this post is truly pleasant, every one be capable of without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.


My weblog ... click next

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging
on blogs I stumbleupon every day. It's always interesting to read through articles from other authors and use a little something from their web sites.

my web-site view next

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a
community in the same niche. Your blog provided us
beneficial information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!


My web page screen next